All furnace manufacturers recommend annual furnace maintenance and inspections by licensed hvac technicians. Furnace maintenance is required to enjoy uninterrupted services of your heating system throughout the winter. A proper furnace inspection can prolong the lifespan of your heating unit, increase energy efficiency of your furnace and decrease risk of health issues.
Does Your Furnace Really Need a Yearly Inspection?
By scheduling annual furnace inspection, you can keep your heating system working effectually for years to come. Annual furnace inspection can reveal internal leakages, wear and tear, clogging, corrosion and rust etc. All these anomalies can decrease the efficiency of your furnace. If you keep on using your furnace with anomalies, you will not be able to enjoy optimum performance of your expensive heating devices. So, yearly furnace inspection is really very important.
What You Can Expect During Furnace Inspection
Furnaces are inconsistent appliances that should be inspected yearly, as they contain many components to keep your home warm. During an annual furnace inspection, here is what you can expect:
- The ventilation system will be checked to detect leakages and blocks.
- Technician will thoroughly check fresh air intake grills for blockages.
- Heat exchanger of your furnace will be inspected for corrosion and rust.
- Technician will analyze combustion gases of your furnace.
- Furnace burners will also get analyzed for proper burner flames, ignition, flame sense etc.
- The blower wheel will be inspected for debris.
- Technician will also conduct amp-draw test to check the functionality of blower motor.
- All wiring connections will be checked for damages.
- Your furnace will be checked for energy efficiency.
When HVAC technician finds anomalies during furnace inspection, he will fix them side by side. It means along with furnace inspection, furnace repair and cleaning tasks will also be done. The professionals know how to carryout inspection, cleaning and repair work simultaneously. If you haven’t scheduled furnace inspection in years, it is the right time to call an HVAC company.
Tip: Furnace is one of the most expensive appliances. Thus, you should not handover your furnace to any novice technician. Only trust licensed and insured HVAC Company for furnace inspection and maintenance.